- Addressing the Surge in Invalid Traffic: The Hidden Threat to Advertising Efficacy As the advertising landscape navigates a period of slow growth, down by 5.3%, a new challenge looms large: the rise of invalid traffic (IVT). This issue not only drives up ad waste but also disrupts budgeting and revenue predictions within the industry.
The Advertising Community is Alarmed by a 33% Increase in Bogus Traffic
Efficiency experts at Lunio have indicated a potentially dire fiscal impact for the year 2024: a whopping $71 billion might be spent on non-genuine or invalid traffic, marking a 33% uptick from the previous year. Their comprehensive analysis, encompassing 2.6 billion paid advertisement clicks and 104 billion impressions... Continue reading
- Google Investigating Vanishing Files on Google Drive, Advises Users to Hold Off on Edits Google Drive users have been experiencing an alarming issue with their files disappearing from the cloud storage service. Reports on Google's Support forum have been accumulating, with users voicing concerns about losing access to files they've uploaded. Notably, on YCombinator’s Hacker News forum, a user from South Korea detailed a perplexing situation where their Google Drive no longer showed any files uploaded after May 2023. They encountered a complete absence of new files in both their folders and the trash, alongside a mysterious reversion of their folder structure to the way it was in May 2023. This individual, who confirmed... Continue reading
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III Enhances PC Gaming With NVIDIA DLSS 3 Update Sledgehammer Games has deployed a fresh update for the renowned Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, advancing it to version 1.33. The update not only addresses numerous bugs but also introduces a collection of balance adjustments thoroughly cataloged for gamers to review.
A highlight of this update is the extended support for NVIDIA DLSS 3 (Frame Generation) technology, now available for all gaming modes for PC players. Prior to this patch, the Frame Generation feature was exclusive to the single-player campaign. Marc-Alexandre Milot, the Design Director at Beenox, expressed that in the high-stakes realm of Call of Duty, every frame matters.... Continue reading
- Google Maps Introduces Collaborative Planning and Enhanced Transit Features with Emoji Reactions Google Maps is set to enhance its functionality with several exciting updates soon to be available across both Android and iOS devices. Among the noteworthy introductions is a social tool aimed at simplifying event coordination among friends. This feature transforms Google Maps from just a navigation aid into a platform where group outings can be planned and decided collectively.
The forthcoming social capability expands upon the app's existing list function, enabling users to create shared lists for outing suggestions directly within Google Maps. Once a place is proposed to friends in the app, each group member can contribute their preferred destinations,... Continue reading
- This Weekend, Enjoy Free Play of Deep Rock Galactic, Fallout 76 and Other Games Microsoft has once again launched its Free Play Days for the approaching weekend. Subscribers of Game Pass Core and Game Pass Ultimate can avail of a selection of games to download and play until 9:00 CET on Monday. The games are full and complete versions without any restrictions, so don’t miss out on trying them to the fullest. Moreover, if you wish to keep any of them, current discounts are available. This week, there are four titles, including Fallout 76, which is also applicable to PC and PlayStation users:
• Deep Rock Galactic
• Fallout 76
• Meet Your Maker
• MLB The Show... Continue reading
- Sony Has Released a Variety of Video Game Soundtracks on Spotify Sony Interactive Entertainment could provide the perfect solution if you're on the hunt for some great music to accompany your workout or workday. As noticed by @AniPlaylist, SIE has released a substantial collection of additional video game soundtracks on Spotify.
The list includes Gravity Rush, Shadow of the Colossus, Wild Arms, PoPoLoCrois, and many more. All the albums for these soundtracks can be accessed via the links provided below.
Shadow of the Colossus
PoPoLoCrois: A New Departure
What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord 1&2
White Knight Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles II
Patchwork Heroes Continue reading
- Microcivilization: New Clicker Game that Blends Strategy, Civilization, and Divine Retribution In a new take on the civilization-building genre, indie developer Ondrej Homola's upcoming strategy clicker game, Microcivilization, presents the player with a unique challenge. Building ever-larger societies while rising through tiers of difficulty, players must decide when to 'ascend,' a choice that results in the collapse of their current civilization and earns them currency for future endeavors. But choose wisely - while there are certainly incentives to expand, the game also incorporates elements of divine retribution that are sure to test your strategic thinking.
Underneath this intriguing premise lies a gaming experience neatly packaged into alluring pixel art and immersive particle... Continue reading
- Brace Yourselves Gamers! Nvidia Gets Pricier with a Price Hike in GeForce Now Membership Fees As if dealing with inflation and skyrocketing cost of living wasn't enough, avid video game fanatics now face another wallet-thinning event. Nvidia, the popular gaming technology giant, has announced an upcoming price hike for its GeForce Now membership fees. Depending on your geographical location, you may end up shelling out 10% to 40% more!
The updated membership fees for the game streaming service will roll out from 1st November. Nvidia has kept the announcement low-key, quietly updating the GeForce Now FAQ site. The move, as Nvidia states, is in response to the increased operational costs in several areas. These include Canada,... Continue reading
- Pico Pioneers Virtual Reality Development with Inaugural Hackathon A technology's advancement is difficult without investment in current and future development. Bearing this in mind, virtual and augmented reality company PICO has arranged its inaugural hackathon, the PICO Dev Jam. The goal is to inspire students and novice VR developers to familiarize themselves with the development environment.
The contest is accessible to participants from Europe, North America, Southeast Asia, Japan, Korea, and China, with a $50,000 prize fund. Contestants are required to produce a new demo of an app, game, tool, or prototype experience using the latest version of PICO's developer SDK toolkit, which provides advanced facilities for mixed reality... Continue reading
- High on Knife Unveils its Official Release Trailer Yesterday marked an exciting day for High on Life enthusiasts as its expansion, High on Knife, was launched. Keeping with tradition, a release trailer was unveiled, offering fans a glimpse into Knifey's fresh escapade and a novel planet.
We've also incorporated the official synopsis below for those who are keen to understand more about what lies ahead.
"Two years have passed since the Bounty Hunter defeated the G3 cartel. Now, Knifey is in search of assistance in tracking down a mysterious package originating from his homeworld. Will they become entangled with a pleasant giant, a pinball gun, poaching rings, and a daunting... Continue reading
- Conquer Hell's Hordes While Balancing Office Politics in 'Heretic's Fork' The world of gaming has recently welcomed an eccentric yet intriguing addition, 'Heretic's Fork.' This uniquely crafted gem combines the elements of roguelikes, deck builders, and tower defenses into an extraordinary gameplay experience. If you have ever dreamt of being an office junkie responsible for maintaining hell's balance, this game is definitely worth a shot. The user interface gives an amusing throwback to Windows 95, providing a classic feel to the aura of the game.
'Heretic's Fork' places you in the shoes of an on-site manager stationed at a demonic tower, your primary objective to prevent the uncontrolled escape of hell-bound... Continue reading
- Unlock Financial Rewards with Your Reddit Karma: A New Era for Social Media Contributors Imagine the spark of excitement as you discover that your Reddit gold and karma points can now be converted into cold, hard cash! In an exhilarating move, Reddit has unveiled a new contributor program aimed at financially rewarding its users for high-quality posts. This groundbreaking approach is slated to revolutionize the social media landscape, transforming your 'fake' internet points into actual, tangible rewards.
The program, though currently available only for eligible US-based users, bears promise for a new wave of social media engagement. With verification via Persona and Stripe and a minimum account age of 30 days, robust security measures are... Continue reading